The Betty Knox Foundation welcomes applications consistent with its mission year-round. The Board meets monthly to consider requests so that funding is timely.
The Betty Knox Foundation makes grants to programs where a small amount will have a big impact. The foundation awards grants of up to $2,000 to support project work in the areas of Education, Youth Development, Arts/Culture, Health/Human Services, Recreation or Civics. Note that:
- An applicant must be a 501(c)(3) organization or have a fiscal agent that is.
- Awards must primarily benefit Hartford residents.
- The foundation will not fund an organization for more than two years in a row and generally does not fund capital campaigns.
- Proposals requesting a modest sum to complete the funding required to do a project or to cover a program crisis are encouraged.
- The Betty Knox Foundation gives preference to organizations with operating budgets under $1.5 million.
For more detailed information concerning The Betty Knox Foundation’s grant-making guidelines and our application process, please click on the links below.
The Betty Knox Foundation devotes our resources to improving the lives of Hartford residents. We focus on small, meaningful contributions to the civic and socioeconomic renewal of Hartford.
Our grantmaking is closely guided by our mission of promoting the vitality of the City of Hartford by making small grants to community nonprofit organizations that are working to address Hartford’s most pressing social, economic and cultural needs. Our grants fund a variety of needs in the areas of education, youth development, arts and culture, health and human services, recreation and civics.
Each year, we support about 40 organizations which Hartford residents rely on for a whole host of services. We support field trips, after-school programs and summer camps for Hartford kids. We provide resources for early child development centers and literacy projects. We help service organizations respond to at-risk youth and their families. We award grants to groups that make food, shelter and clothing available to Hartford’s poorest residents. And we celebrate Hartford’s cultural vibrancy through concerts and events.
The Betty Knox Foundation is committed to the people of the City of Hartford and to our unique position as a small, nimble force within Hartford’s grantmaking community. We are making a difference, one small grant at a time.